What do I do if my benefits were denied or cut off by a judge?

If you have a trial in the Workers’ Compensation Court and your benefits are denied, you should speak with an attorney as soon as possible.  In certain circumstances, you may be able to file an appeal of the decision.

An appeal is a complicated process. You only have thirty days after you receive the decision to deny or cut off your benefits in order to file an appeal.  Not every workers’ compensation case is eligible for an appeal, either.

You need to fall into one of the potential grounds for appeal before the Nebraska Court of Appeals will overturn the decision to deny or end your benefits.  If you have any questions about whether or not you should go through the appeals process, an attorney can help review your case and advise you as to the legal options that you have.   However you should always speak to a workers’ compensation attorney BEFORE you file a lawsuit or have your case heard by a judge as you may be waiving rights without knowing it.

About Jeff
Jeffrey Putnam - Omaha Workers Compensation Attorney

Jeffrey F Putnam is a personal injury attorney and workers’ compensation attorney located in Omaha, Nebraska. If you have head, neck, or back injuries from your job or an auto accident, call today.

Best of Omaha - Omaha Magazine - Workers Compensation - 2023 Winner Award
Have a Question?

Need advice? A second opinion? Please reach out to us. We are here to help.

"*" indicates required fields