Medical Treatment in Iowa

In Iowa, your employer has the right to choose the medical care you undergo in most circumstances. Your employer is obligated to provide medical care that is reasonably suited to treat your work injury.

However, in an emergency, you may choose medical care if the employer or employer’s representative cannot be reached.

If you are dissatisfied with the care chosen by the employer, you can and should discuss the problem with your employer or the representative of your employer’s insurance carrier.

You are able to request alternate care, and if the employer (or its insurance carrier) does not allow the requested care, you may file a petition for alternate care with the Iowa Division of Workers’ Compensation.

About Christopher

Christopher J. Shald has successfully litigated a wide variety of cases, but his passion is protecting the rights of injured workers and victims of negligence. His focus is on Workers’ Compensation, Personal Injury, and Criminal Defense.

Learn more about CJ

Best of Omaha - Omaha Magazine - Workers Compensation - 2023 Winner Award
Have a Question?

Need advice? A second opinion? Please reach out to us. We are here to help.

"*" indicates required fields