Where Do I File a Workers’ Compensation Claim in Nebraska?

These instructions are for filing your claim.  Before you file your claim, you have to give notice to your employer that the accident or injury occurred.  You should do this at your place of employment.

In Nebraska, workers’ compensation claims are handled by a specific court system called the Workers’ Compensation Courts.  Whenever you file a workers’ compensation lawsuit, you will do it within this specialized court system.  The cases are heard by workers’ compensation judges, not juries.

The venue for workers’ compensation claims is the county in which the accident occurred, however, if the accident occurred outside of Nebraska but still falls under Nebraska Workers’ Compensation Act, then the hearing will be in Lincoln.  An attorney can help you determine where to file your claim and how to file it.

Have you been injured? We are here to help.Free Case Review